22 March 2010

Sharing thoughts

Surfing around the blogs I follow, I  read this: it represents me 100% so here it goes: http://readingmytealeaves.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.htm



to be frank, i'm not always sure how i feel about the internet. sometimes i fear that i spend too much of my time interacting with friends in virtual spaces, rather than connecting with the people right in front of me. sometimes it feels strange to share bits of my daily experiences with perfect strangers, and there are certainly moments when i want to turn it all off, unplug, start over.

but if this little experiment has taught me anything, it is that despite this new and strange form of interacting, there is something going on here in this little virtual world that is proof of something much, much older than this world wide web. despite all of the time and space and years that stand as potential limiting factors in my ability to build a relationship with any one of you, we have managed somehow to build a community. and i am stunned. the creativity, warmth, and generosity of spirit that transmits through all of you on a daily basis is nothing short of remarkable.

i'm often asked by my friends who my 'followers' are. they imagine, i think, that i have recruited my kindergarten classmates to plump up my list of readers {and yes, my dear sisters obligingly followed my blog in those early days}. but the truth is, that i know almost none of you. and still, you come to visit.

and as much as i would love to sit down and share a cup of tea with each of you in real time, i am so humbled to be able to sit here and share tiny moments of my life with all of you in the digital realm. you make the world seem somehow smaller, and much, much bigger. so, thank you.

and thank you most of all for bearing with this sappy tome, written on the night of my one year anniversary. g'night.

thank you "reading my tea leaves" for writing posts like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment