13 September 2012

i'm weird and i love it


A post  from my loving blog  kind over matter

Celebrate Your Weird
I’m weird. You may be too. Probably are...all the best folks are. Your weirdness, is awesome. So is mine. Though, I have found, it’s not always an easy thing to embrace. It is often the thing that makes us feel separate. Different. That can lead to feeling uncomfortable. Alone. Which can make our mind make weird equal bad.
We may try to push away our weirdness. Shove it down. Pretend that it doesn’t really exist. We may hide in what we might consider normal. Letting it out to breathe every so often. And when we do, it feels good. Weird though too. Maybe there are fears. Real ones. Irrational ones. Fears laced with thoughts of ridicule. Shame. Being seen. They may stop us from letting that marvelous freak flag fly.
Maybe your weirdness is your creativity. Maybe its the books you read. The games you play. Your interest in woo-woo spiritual things. Your love pre-World War I naval uniforms. Maybe you like sports when everyone around you is a drama geek. Or maybe there are no words to describe it...its a feeling. One that lets you know that there is bit of disconnect between you and how you see others.
Here’s the thing...everyone is weird. Everyone gets goofy, silly, angry, wild. Everyone has moments where they do something totally embarrassing. Where they fall on their asses, metaphorically and literally. Everyone has something (often many things) they think is weird.
Our weirdness is what unites us. All different. Odd. Off the normal path a bit...or a lot. Everyone has that thing that makes them stand out. From their family. The crowd. The rest of the usual suspects. Everyone has something that makes them think that others just won’t understand.
We have let the fear the run the story for way too long. We have let ourselves dim that magnificent light...those aspects that we try and hide in an attempt to fit in, they are a gift we get share proudly in this go around.
Today, I invite you to celebrate. Embrace your weirdness. Share it with gusto. Forget about the stories your mind is making up, in a last ditch effort to protect you from the monster that lurk under the best. Step up! Step into yourself. Your whole self. Big. Bright. Bold. AND WEIRD!!!
In celebration, I will share one of my many weirdo qualities. You can share yours in the comments.
I’m a healer. That’s my weirdness. Or at least the weird thing I am having a challenge reconciling. It feels risky and odd to share. Yet, I am. It’s not like this is the first time I’ve shared it. It’s mentioned on my website, twitter, Facebook. And yet...it’s something that I have pushed away. Something that I tend not to talk about. I don’t use my abilities to their fullest. I tend to separate it out from my coaching, using it when appropriate but not as a much as I could. I parse it out for when I feel comfortable. When someone asks what I do, healer doesn’t get a mention. The thing is, I’m good. It’s natural for me. I don’t have to try. I feel people’s energy, shift it. Change what no longer serves them. I can see and feel into people’s bodies...I can effect change.
For me, it felt like a lot to explain...and a lot of responsibility. People didn’t seem to understand and I felt pressure to demonstrate. I am letting that all go. I am clearing away the projections. I am embracing my weirdness and using it for good. And sharing it, as loudly as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment